Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Byzantine Adaptation Seed Bead Necklace
This piece was a pattern I found in the February Issue '09 of Bead and Button magazine. I adapted the pattern for a larger bead (the pattern was for 15s and I used 11s so I had to bring bead counts down like re-sizing a pattern for a knit sweater) and got rid of the hokey-looking seed bead clasp. I love the results. It was great fun and I get a lot of compliments because of the intricacy of the design and the delicate way it hangs. The little "links" of beads are extremely fragile though, so I'm thinking of trying it again with wire instead of thread.