Monday, December 29, 2008
Diagonal Peyote Stitch Project
Here is my latest completed string and needle beading project. This is done using a diagonal peyote stitch. This is the first time I've used this stitch and I had a really hard time starting it because my bead count wasn't consistent, but after 5 tear-outs, I finally got it. This is fastened with sterling silver crimp tubes and S hook clasp. I used black KO beading thread and number 8 seed beads. I have a number 6 seed bead project using an even-count peyote stitch that I did earlier that I will post once I find a wide enough tube clasp. My next project is using number 11 seed beads and a right angle stitch pattern, much more difficult. I'll post these when they're finished.